Tammy

Lack Of Communication Between Physicians

22 posts in this topic

Hi, This is really interesting from a Canadian's perspective. My G.P coordinates everything so I don't have to worry about that but.... I also never see lab reports, test results or what is written in the Dr.s notes unless the Dr. wants to share it. Thankfully I have an excellant G.P who seems to stay on top of everything.

I didn't even know that my WBC was always low until just recently. Is it the same in your province Gizzele?

Hugs, Piper

Just got back from having my toe re-examined by my general practitioner. It was extremely nasty looking today, and I was sure he was going to send me to a wound care facility, but he said just begin to soak in salted water and see him in a month. He also said all my tests would indicate to him I am perfect. Is that wild? He said it still throws him of my illness based on all my tests with him. Maybe ANA testing should be mandatory so patients can get a true visual of their health! I expressed my gratitude of him going above and beyond in his concern for me and his efforts in directing me in the right directions and tests. He was almost embarrassed and thanked m for the compliment. It was not a compliment, but the truth. He said he's had some patients who refuse to follow up and are afraid, so he needs to make sure that things are followed thru (me being one). Toe really hurts, just relaxing as much as possible and watching TV.

Tru

It is what it is...........

I am so frustrated!! The endo dr in Tulsa has now refused to see me because I can not get records for the past medical history of the pituitary tumor. I spent most of my breaks (including lunch) on the phone with hospitals and clinics. I was transferred from medical records to medical archives the lady in archives said they only keep them at the facility for 10 years, I asked if they destroyed them or just moved them to another facility she wasn't sure so I asked to speak to someone who would know, that lady was "...either on another line or away from my desk..." so I had to leave a message and guess what...she never returned my call! My mother was able to go to her benefits counselor and with the help of their corporate office, they pulled up the insurance claims that had some of the info. My pc dr wants me to write down everything that I remember about it but for goodness sake, I was barely 17 and scared to death not to mention that most of what they said was way beyond my anatomy and physiology class!! With everything else that is going on right now, I am positively at my witts end! Does any one have any suggestions?!?

Sorry about the venting!

Tammy

Tammy Dear,

How frustrating. It's like they hold you responsible for information you didn't know you needed at the time. Get the name and extension of the medical records person and if they can't help you ask to speak to their supervisor. Getting an - I don't know or being passed off to leave a message - as a response isn't very professional.

Can your tulsa endo run his own tests to at least determine your current state?

ugh! sorry you have to go thru this.

peanut

You can deprive the body but the soul needs chocolate

my HMO makes me wear a helmet...

I have been reading everyones posts with much interest. I'm from the UK & we don't get to see any letters, results of tests etc at all. I find that my rheumatologist says one thing to me & then seems to play it down with my general practitioner. Even when asked for clear explanations of what is going on I don't seem to get clear answers. For example- I have been told that my echocardigram showed stiffening of the right side of my heart (I do get breathless & now need to take things a little more slowly) but when rheumatologist wrote to my general practitioner he said it was fine, But it was the cardiologist who also commented on it while doing the test. So who do I believe?

I feel that I would prefer to know what I have to deal with & just get on with life.

Jensue

Tammy,

I can't believe that the doctor in Tulsa is refusing to see you just because you cannot get your past records! I think I might try to find a different endo doctor! Hope you get some kind of satisfaction. Good luck to you.

Sherion

Having a new endo run new tests is what I was thinking too peanut, it has been so long ago that nothing in the old medical records would be the same. The only thing that I can come up with is that I don't even know for sure what type of tumor it was and that is a big factor when dealing with this I guess and maybe she needs a starting place. I wrote up what I could remember and faxed that along with the insurance claims that had some of the diagnosis to my pc today as she requested. She is going to go over them, make a few calls and see where we can go from there. I have my rheumatologist appt on the 4th, maybe that will help get things moving toward a new endo as well, I have been told that people who have pituitary tumors or damage to the gland after tumor removal often develop autoimmune diseases. I may hold off on the endo until I see the rheumatologist.