Patty

Vertigo And Nausea?

8 posts in this topic

hello .. i was wondering if anyone else has been experiencing vertigo and nausea.. i do not have it all the time however.. its speratic.. and I am worried.. the doctor said it may be associated with the vessels in my brain constricting.. does anyone have any info to offer me.. i was so bad today I couldn't walk and I vomited... i am better now but if I exert myself I start to feel dizzy and I do not want that spell to reaccure! the doctor gave me this medication... its called : meclizine generic for antivert.. i took it and seemed to get worse... thanks for listening.. id appreciate anything you can tell me..

Hugs,

Patty

If Life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Limited scleroderma, Dermatomyositis. Diastolic Dysfunction, dysphagia, Fibro, restless leg. Lupus is a maybe.

Hi Patty,

I had a severe and sudden case of Menieres Disease about 10 years ago.

I only had one attack and it lasted for a few days, the symptoms were also vertigo , ringing in the ears and vomiting . The vertigo was so bad I couldn't even lift my head from the bed and even when I closed my eyes everthing was spinning uncontrollably.

It seemed as if my eyeballs were spinning too :blink: .

I only had one attack and I thought I would rather die than have that again!

It did send me to the E.R, I was given an injection of maxolan which helped some.

I felt incredibly weak for weeks afterwards and even walking a short distance left me very fatigued.

Take care

Celia

Patty my dad is going through this too,. He can't find the reson why it comes and goes it beens going on for awhile.. he does take antivert for it. I know something is going on with him he isnt acting right. All I can say is let the doctor know what is going on and get on a med and hope it goes away. Sam

Sam

Hi Patty,

Thank god I am not alone. My whole experience with Sclero started because of my vertigo and nausea. My doctors. don't think it is related to sclero, but I had never had this before. doctor. suggested an over the counter med. but it didn't help. I don't have it all the time, but when I do it is very uncomfortable. I will talk with my doctor. next time about the med. you tried. I hope you find something that helps.

Lori Ann

Lori Ann

My journey with sclero started with vertigo too.

Rosa

Diffuse Sclero

dx Jan 2006

I have experianced at least six bouts of vertigo in the year prior to the onset of shortness of breath........is it a coincidence that so many of us have had this?

I have had bouts with vertigo and such but not for 20+ years. Antivert is usually the prescribed drug. Take comfort in knowing about 90% of people experience vertigo for reasons such as ear infections to stomach ailments. Not necessarily attributed to sclermo or crest.

Tru

It is what it is...........