kelowna52

Anti Depressants

9 posts in this topic

Good mourning to everyone. I was wondering if any of you have heard of an Anti Depressant that helps people deal with body pain? I read somewhere that a certain type of Anti Depressants, are used for that, but I can't remember where I read that. Thank you and have a great day.

Jackie S.

Hi

I'm taking an anti depressant called 'Amitriptyline'. I take it in a low dosage which seems to help me relax enough to sleep & it also helps with some of the 'burning' type of pain that I get. It does not help all types of pain just the ones which seem to be linked with nerves. I also have mild drepression or so the general practitioner says. I know for depression the dosage is at least triple what I'm taking.

Jensue

Cymbalta is definitely the one. I take it and it does help considerably until like all things it stops :( But give it a try I think it's worthwhile! I've been using it for about 2 years now! Good luck & feel better!

Michele

Soft hugs your way,

Michele

I recently read something about Prozak and scleroderma and I think I read it here on this board. But I can't remember what it was supposed to help, so I'm not much help.

I will say that I started taking Prozak for depression (about 4 weeks ago) and all of a sudden, just last week, I had a sudden huge decrease in pain. At first, I attributed it to the Omega 3 fish oil I had also started taking regularly, but now I am wondering if it was the Prozak. Maybe it was the combination. You can bet I won't be skipping either one of them!

Mary in Texas

HI,

I also take Amitryptiline also known as Endep for depression & pain.

It is fantastic, I used to having problems getting into deep sleep - but no more since taking Endep. I now wake up in the morning feeling refreshed.

I also have Fibromyalgia and it has helped with this.

Take care

Celia

I am also taking Amitriptyline, it was mostly for insomnia, but my rheumatologist says that if I don't get proper sleep my pain levels increase. He did say it would relax my muscles at night.

I do now sleep much more relaxed and not have as much of the muscle aches I had, and I notice if I forget my tablet the next day I am more sore especially if I have had interrupted sleep.

I wonder what doses everyone else takes. I am only taking 10mgs which I am told is very low, to be used as an antidepressant you would need a much higher dose, but I can tell you it has helped me emotionally as well.

take care,

hugs, Irene

Hi Irene,

My dosage for Amitriptyline (Endep) is 37.5mg, still a low dose.

Thanks

Celia