• Announcements

• Joelf

Upgraded Sclero Forums!   05/18/2017

Welcome to the Upgraded and Redesigned Sclero Forums!!   Our Forums are even better and more up to date than before.   Happy Posting to all our Members!!
Guest Jude the Grouch

Ancient Healing Power: Honey Makes Sweet Comeback In Treating Advanced Wound

6 posts in this topic

Hello Judy I just wanted to share this with you. When I had my Complete Hyterectomy 4 years ago my Gyno. had to reopen the incision for five days in a row. Anyway after he flushed the wound because I had an infection, he would put honey in the wound and then badage it up. It really did seem to work. He told me if you ever get cut put honey on the wound right away. I found it very interresting. Have a great day.

Jackie S.

I also saw this article about honey in Medical News Today. I thought I'd try it on my next cut or wound. Has anyone tried it on finger or toe ulcers?

Mary in Texas

I have not been diagnosed, but had an ulcer for 9 months. I tried a zillion things including honey. It did not heal until I stopped taking penicillen for the infection that developed and took two rounds of bactrim.

This article about MediHoney is referring only to Manuka Honey -- a very special honey produced by bees in New Zealand. It does not refer to regular household honey.

However, I believe anyone can purchase Manuka Honey via the Internet. We have been following studies on this for several years, in hopes it may help with scleroderma digital ulcers, as well.

Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz

Founder and President

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.