SCLERO.ORG
Sclero Forums

Cardiac Involvement In Systemic Scleroderma

Cardiac arrhythmias and conduction disturbances in autoimmune rheumatic diseases. Rhythm and conduction disturbances and sudden cardiac death (SCD) are important manifestations of cardiac involvement in autoimmune rheumatic diseases. PubMed. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2006 Oct;45 Suppl 4:iv39-iv42. (Also see: Cardiac Involvement)

Primary myocardial involvement in systemic sclerosis (SSc). Primary myocardial involvement is common in SSc. Evidence suggests that myocardial involvement is due, at least in part, to microcirculation impairment with abnormal vasoreactivity, with or without associated structural abnormalities of the small coronary arteries or arterioles. PubMed. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2006 Oct;45 Suppl 4:iv14-iv17. (Also see: Cardiac Involvement)

These items are posted in the ISN Newsroom. Check the Newsroom every day for the latest scleroderma medical and support information.

Thank you for this posting Janey, I ended up in the hospital earlier this year with Pvc's related to the sclero and Raynauds..... and the cardiologists thought I was crazy. Did they think I was doing to to myself? I'm going to print these out and bring them with me to my next appointment! Love, Mary in Philly

• Joelf locked this topic
  • Joelf unlocked this topic