Sclero Forums
Stacey

Scleroderma with overlap of Polymyositis

oops!!! I goofed on my lost post directing the reply to Stacey instead of Kelsey. Actually, I do this sort of thing many times a day so please, don't take offense.

So welcome to you both!

emmie

It's been a while since I posted anything on here. But to answer your question Kelsey, the reason I haven't had any kids yet is because we wanted to wait for a while after we got married and now I've been so sick. I'm currently down to 10mg of Prednizone a day and am looking forward to the day when I no longer have to be on that or the Methotrexate.

Because of my seizures in October I will be on the anti seizure medication for 2 to 3 years and then if I haven't had any seizures will be able to go off of it.

It has been determined the reason for the seizures is my high blood pressure at the time. When I got to the hospital it was 214/150 or something like that. (I was unconscious because of the seizures)

Definitely a life changing event.

I was on Plaquinil for about 2 weeks before I was diagnosed. I didn't like it and decided to go off of it because at the time we were going to plan on trying to start a family. I don't want to be on anything that can remotely affect a baby. At that time I was starting to have bad symptoms but I was managing ok for the most part.

As of December 6 all of my muscle enzyme levels are normal! I was so excited when I got the results. It's been so hard to stay positive since my hospital stay but knowing now that I am on the road to recovery has been a definite highlight for me throughout the holiday season.

Stacey