• Announcements

• Joelf

Upgraded Sclero Forums!   05/18/2017

Welcome to the Upgraded and Redesigned Sclero Forums!!   Our Forums are even better and more up to date than before.   Happy Posting to all our Members!!
gemjar

Wedding Rings...just Curious

30 posts in this topic

Oh dear, I didn't mean good shape, as in physically fit, that would be a joke..ha ha.

What I meant is that the swelling has gone down. I still have semi-sausage hands, but not nearly as bad as they used to be. I used to hide my hands.

I had my wedding ring resized once. Most days I couldn't get it over my knuckle if I wanted to, but it isn't tight around the base of my finger. My high school class ring won't even fit on my little finger. I didn't realize just how much my hands had changed until I tried on my old class ring.

Peggy

I have had to have new wedding ring& engagement ring because 3 years ago I badly smashed up my left wrist & had to take rings off, I was then burgled & all my jewelry was stolen. After about 6 months I replaced them both but my fingers still swelled a lot so I have quite loose fitting rings when the swelling is down. I do find my fingers are more swollen first thing in the morning & then again in the evening & during the night. I felt devastated at having had my rings stolen, and do like to wear wedding rings all the time - I don't feel dressed if I don't wear them! I have now been married 28 1/2 years & proud of it!

Jensue

Ring Solution!

My husband made an appointment for me at a Jeweler for our 4th anniversary to get my engagement ring band changed to an adjustible band. Its a band that has a hinge on it so I can get it off over my knuckle no matter how big it gets. It sort of opens up like a handcuff would...if you can picture that. The funny thing is that I can now pull it off without opening up the hinge, but who knows what tomorrow will bring. I hope this helps some of you who miss your rings!

It was a sad day for me when I had to remove my rings. All of them were relegated to the safe until I gave them all to my sisters and neices. I did keep one-my wedding ring to have and to hold alas... not to wear. It was one of those little things about this disease that takes you by the throat and shakes you up so badly- I cried and morned for days.

My husband has had it sized but in less than a month, it needs to be made larger and I'm not going that route again.

One thing about sclero tho' it forces you to really appreciate what is truly important- love, support, family and good health.

Best Wishes from Florida-TJ