• Announcements

    • Joelf

      Upgraded Sclero Forums!   05/18/2017

      Welcome to the Upgraded and Redesigned Sclero Forums!!   Our Forums are even better and more up to date than before.   Happy Posting to all our Members!!


4 posts in this topic

I've been seeing a rhuematologist in NYC for about 6 years, and I love him---only---now that my symptoms are getting worse, and we've really done nothing proactive to treat (given my own aversion to medication mostly)---I'm wondering if I should seek out some second opinions (especially now that pulmonologist has recommended cyclophosphamide--see other post).

Don't know if it's allowed on this site---but any recommendations in NYC--or places to look.


Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there~


I absolutely think you need to get a second opinion. You need to take charge of your healthcare. I was in the same boat with my last rheumatologist and I finally took charge and CANNOT believe the difference my new dr has made. Good luck to you!

Take care and stay warm,



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

there is a juvenile sclero doctor in new york listed as an expert on this site--i have emailed him several times, and he always emails me back--i am sure he would have a recommendation for you if you called or emailed. his name is tom lehman.

take care,



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now