Jump to content
Sclero Forums

new and where do I go next?

Recommended Posts

Hi...I have had sclero symptoms for the past 7 or 8 years...I have all the CREST..signs ...I also have periferal neurapathy which started first about 7 years ago and vasculitis ....I have had problems with doctors not diagnosing me or ordering the correct tests to confirm it....I may have a autoimmune process going along with it in the form of some parathyroid problems...If there was one specialist that could take care of both, which would it be?....I am anxious to read all the posts because I feel the more I know, the more I can confront the doctor with.... :unsure: glad to be here and hope I learn something from all of you.....cats

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey Cats,
So how many cats to you have? smile.gif

You asked what type of doctor deals with autoimmune diseases. That would be a rheumatologist. They specialize in a variety of autoimmune diseases. My rheumatologist is my "team leader". Then I have a pulmonary doctor and cardiologist, both of whom always consult my rheumatologist before prescribing a new medication or procedure. Here is a link to our scleroderma specialist page. You can find a rheumatologist in your area by clicking on the appropriate link under ISN Guide To Scleroderma experts and Centers.

Please keep us up on what's happening. BTW - Welcome! We're glad you've join us and hope we can help out

Big Hugs,

Janey Willis

ISN Support Specialist

(Retired) ISN Assistant Webmaster

(Retired) ISN News Director

(Retired) ISN Technical Writer for Training Manuals

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the nice welcome....I am sure you are just what I need as I search for answers to my

"apparently confusing" condition ....at least confusling to the doctors I have already seen...Because I have pn I was sent to a neurologist, with the vasculitis to a vascular specialist, because of the colitis to a gastroenterologist.....etc...you get the drift...no one is putting "me" together...I "talked" to a dr. on a med chat group...he agrees with you...He said I should get a SLE test first...and I should have a parathyroid scan to rule out hyperparathyroidism....I have a appt with my general practitioner Mar. 3rd...and I am going to ask him to order these for me...then see if he will make a appt with a rheumatologist for me....He had mentioned seeing a immunologist because of the symptms of thyroid( they are similar to CREST....I also tend to have hypercalcemia .another sign of crest..(the lumps in my forearms, he said)...so we have a start....

I just have one beautiful long haired black cat who is the love of our life...she seems to know when I don't feel good...she comes on my lap, puts her head on my chest and "sings" me a song....animals are so psychic.....thanks much..and have learned a lot here already and feel your comradship....

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Cats


My two cents as well...I'm glad you joined us too and I think you will find comfort here! I have found the people on this site have a great insight to this disease (and some others as well, I might add). Good luck with your tests.

Sending good wishes your way!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now