Sclero Forums
Shelley Ensz

In Loving Memory of Sherrill Knaggs

I'm so sorry to hear about Sherrill's passing, my thoughts are with her husband and family. I feel a deep sense of loss, she will be missed by everyone!

Take care

Celia

I just heard about Sherrill's death. Sherrill was such an inspiration and a dear friend. We both came on board with ISN in the very early days and worked together on many early projects especially the Voices of Scleroderma book series.

I have so many huge emails from her as we gabbed often from New Zealand to New Hampshire.

She will be dearly missed.

I am glad, however, that she is finally at peace and off all those machines.

Sherrill, give my best regards to Julie and Jill. I miss all of you so much!

Judy Devlin

There are over 1,000 patient and caregiver stories on the main Sclero.org site.

Warm regards,

Judy Devlin

ISN Archive Committee Chair

International Scleroderma Network

There are no tears being held back here, I am now drenched in them. She was so thoughtful, helpful, knowledgeable and a fighter. She always had a kind word to say and was there to help everyone even though she was sufferring herself.

Sherrill, I will miss you!

Hugs,

Lisa

Lisa Bulman

(Retired) ISN/SCTC List Coordinator

(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Assistant Manager

(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide

(Retired) ISN Fundraiser

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

I can't find the words to express what I want to say. When I read that I just couldn't believe it, I didn't know she wasn't doing well as of late. The truth is I always get her and Shelley mixed up for some odd reason. I know we are going to miss this extradinary woman Sherill Knaggs. Her family will be in my thoughts. And everyone here who she had touched. Sam

Sam

I too sit here speechless. My heartfelt condolences to Sherrills' family and friends. She gave so much to all who entered this board and made this bumpy road a much smoother ride. She'll always be alive in those who love her. Keep talking about her and keep her memory alive. She'll not be forgotten, not here.

Blessed thoughts

Happy people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything they have!

Warm and Happy to you! Vee

I was very sad and shocked to hear of Sherrills passing. I never spoke to her or emailed, but for me, just the fact that she was a fellow New Zealander meant alot, this disease seems so rare in this county ( I could be wrong, I just dont hear of anyone!). I was particularly encouraged to read her story and hear that some of her symptoms had lifted. Her hard work and dedication to this website are clearly seen and we all get to enjoy the benefits of that commitment - Thank you Sherrill and to her husband for his support - we are eternally grateful!

My thoughts are with her family right now at this most difficult time.

Susannah x

I can only echo what everyone else has already said. Sherrill was extremely helpful to me when I first joined the board. She wrote to me at length about kidney failure and made me feel less alone. I was dismayed to hear about her death. She was such an inspiration and so full of spirit. We will all miss her.

ISN Artist

I have not been online for a while, so imagine my surprise when one of the first posts I read is about Sherrill's passing.

I am so saddened by this news. I loved reading her posts and looking at the pictures she posted. She had a wonderful heart.

My condolences to her family and friends around the globe.

Kathi

The nonprofit International Scleroderma Network thanks the following people for their donation in loving memory of Sherrill Knaggs, longtime ISN volunteer whose inspirational story was the centerpiece of the Voices of Scleroderma Volume 2 book, who passed away on 02-27-08. (Also see: Donations in Memory) Reposted 03/03/08.

Anonymous (1)

Gene & Shelley Ensz

Judith Devlin

Stephen Dickson

Carrie Maddoux

Pamela Roland

Joanne Wertz

Janey Willis

Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz

Founder and President

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

Sherrill was a person to be admired. This disease ravaged her body, but she never let it ravage her spirit. My condolences to her family and friends.

Here's to Sherrill,

emmie

I have only just come on and read this thread about Sherrill's passing and like the rest of you I am totally devastated.

She was one of the first people to post and PM me when I first joined this site and she truly helped me in so many ways.

She also referred me to her Rheumatologist and for that I am forever grateful as that is where my treatment started.

She gave me wonderful advice, and even when she was so sick she always answered my messages with love and care.

My last message with her she told me how sick she had become and like Pam, I was amazed that she was so selfless to answer that last message from me, I will treasure her friendship and always draw strength from her courage, she was an amazing woman, and my heart goes out to her husband.

Hugs, tears and love.......I will miss you so much Sherrill.

Irene

No! was the exasperating cry from my lips as I read the post on the message board.

I guess I've been a stranger to the board for too long -- writing blogs and not keeping up with news. I'm truly sorry to hear of Sherrill's passing and part of me cannot believe she's gone.

Having lost someone very close recently (Mum) I can fully empathise with her family and the pain they must be feeling. I hope she's in a special place where her pain will be no more. I'm sure she will be.

Heartfelt sorrow

Barbara Lowe

I too am very sorry and sad at the news of Sherrill passing. She was such an inspirations to many. She will be missed by all. My thoughts go to her family and friends.

Take care and stay warm,

Michelle

I was very shocked to hear about Sherrill. She was one of the first to write to me and it was a comfort knowing that she was in NZ also. I will miss her ..

Kiwi

Diagnosed 2006 - Diffuse Scleroderma

Skin and lung involvement