Jump to content
Sclero Forums

cutis verticis gyrata( What is this? )

Recommended Posts


Can anyone tell me what cutis verticis gyrata is???? any imformation would be good, if not does anyone know if there is a website like this one that I would be able to get imformation from?? thanks all

take care


Link to post
Share on other sites

<< Cutis verticis gyrata >>




Hi Atnaw ,


If you type in those words into Google you will find lots of reading about it. This came up on one article.


"Cutis verticis gyrata or CVG for short, is a superficial condition usually associated with thickening of the scalp. Sufferers show visible folds, ridges or creases on the surface of the top of the scalp. The number of folds can vary from 2 to roughly 10. The folds are typically soft and spongy cannot be corrected with pressure. The color of the skin is not affected."


The condition typically affects the central and rear regions of the scalp, but sometimes can involve the entire scalp.



Take care, Everyone.


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 11 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...