Sclero Forums
Alice02

BURSITIS

Hello everyone, I was diagnosed with Scleroderma for more than twenty five years. I have read so many books, attended many seminars on Scleroderma. But just now, after become a member on ISN, I am learning so much every day about this terrible disease. All of sudden so many things has happened to me make sense and say to myself, "so I wasn’t going crazy when I had the same thoughts". I am so glad that I joined ISN, and thank you to you all of you for your kindness and wiliness to help and support.

Does anyone have any information about BURSITIS? I've had numerous cortisone injections in my right and left hips, they help for a while and then the pain comes back. I am now on strong NSAIDS and still have pain.

I appreciate any information you may have.

Many thanks

Alice

Hi Pamela, thank you so much for the information. Trying to avoid new infections, I was afraid of using physical therapy or exercise, thinking that will worst. Especially that where I have bursitis, I also have calcinosis cut. . But now I will discuss it with my rheumatologist.

Take care and keep well.

Alice

Ooo... I'll have to check out that link. I also have bursitis. I've had 1 cortisone shot so far and would have another but my rheumatologist changed his mine after he noticed the dose of prednisone I was on. My spots are in my hips and really seem to flare if I sit cross-legged or lay on my hip too much, esp. my left hip. Tyleno & ice packs help. I wish I knew how to prevent them. Hopefully my pulm. rehab aka exercise for people with lung issues help in that area.

peanut

You can deprive the body but the soul needs chocolate

my HMO makes me wear a helmet...