Sclero Forums
Karenlee

New Member - Karenlee

Thanks for the warm welcome Snowbird. Nice to meet you. Albeit under these circumstances.

Yep, I was pretty much a walking zombie for a couple of weeks until I had an actual diagnosis. Unfortunately I had a bad Dermatologist who made me horrified, but my rheumatologist is an angel and I'm so lucky to have him looking after me.

Plus this forum is so comforting. The most wonderful warm people on here. :)

Hi KarenLee,

I'm pokey too - I had other things going on in my life and am just getting back to this. So, a big welcome. I know it's scarey when you don't know what's going on. I have recently been diagnosed with CREST Limited (in November) and I was really scared too. My original doctor gave me the diagnosis and told me not to read about it on the Internet until I saw the rheumatologist. So, of course, I immediately came home and read everything and was scared to death. Since becoming part of this site, it has really helped. There are so many warm and wonderful people and such great support. Now I have found that the more I know (the facts), the less fearful I am. At least it works that way for me. Or at least now it does. I guess too, with time, it always helps.

Hugs,

Cheri

Hi Cheri!!

Haha you sound just like me! I googled my brains out after I heard the words CREST and Scleroderma and nearly passed out from fear. I wanted to know everything there was to know about it. Although it was a bit overwhelming, the upside is we found this forum and all came together. :)

Guest SADIE

Karen, I have the red spots on my face, neck, arms and tummy. I just use lotion for them. People always think I have a rash.

Sadie

Hi Sadie,

When they first started appearing on my face, my sister thought I was drinking too much and had gin blossoms :P