LMS

Is it Diffuse or is it Limited?

7 posts in this topic

I am currently being work-up for Systemic Sclerosis. I have an ANA titre of 1:640 with a centromere pattern. I know the pattern is more indicative of Limited/CREST. The research I have found indicates that a person could have Raynaud's for years before seeing other symptoms. I started developing calcinosis 6 weeks after my first Raynaud's attack, my hands are constantly swolen, I am often short of breath, and I have seen skin changes along my hair line that look like the start of vitilago (sp?) Any thoughts or ideas?

Thanks

Loren

Hi Loren

My rheumatologist told me that the centromere pattern points to Systemic Scleroderma Limited CREST. The SC1-70 pattern points toward Diffuse Scleroderma. Have you seen a Rheumatologist yet? He/she will need to confirm any diagnosis? I was also told that the blood tests alone can't confirm scleroderma...other symptoms will need to be present too.

Sending good wishes your way!

Hi LMS,

I am in the early stages of "diagnosis" so many of your questions I cannot answer but am curious of as well.

Your comment about the changes along your hairline that look like vitaligo caught my attention. I have the same thing but didn't pay much attention to it because I was so focused on the telangiactasia spots on my face. I thought I had just gotten too much sun on my honeymoon, but that was almost 2 years ago. Please let us know what you do find out about that. I am sorry I couldn't be of more help with your questions.

My thoughts are with you during your journey.

Karen

Just found this info on a website.

Vitiligo causes white patches on your skin. It can also affect your eyes, mouth and nose. It occurs when the cells that give your skin its color are destroyed. No one knows what destroys them. It is more common in people with autoimmune diseases, and it might run in families.