Karenlee

Quick (temporary) fixes for what ails us

25 posts in this topic

Hi. I rushed upstairs to tell my husband to drink milk, and that he will feel better. But he read a book about Anti-inflamatery diet and the book says that he has to avoid Dairy products-he used to love plain yogurt, also avoid tomatoes, potatoes, bread, and peanuts. and my husband used to eat 2 tomatoes a day, and loves the peanuts...so how can I convince him to go back to millk and other food...we knew he has systimec sclerosis 3 month ago, he lost a lot of weight since then, he is loosing muscles too...does he really need to have anti inflamatory diet...

Sorry I have no ideas to share, as this is new to us, but every night I put boiled water in a pot, and let him put his hand over the steam,-Not inside the boiling water :)- and cover his hand with a towel, so the steam stays inside....if it I very hot, you can remove your hand quickly and then put it back again...and I massage every finger with olive oil and then I put his hands under the steam again for 2 mins and I massage it again..he says he feels better, and that this reduce the stifness in his fingers. thats all for now.

Hey Sadie, can't wait to see her. :)

I thought of something else. for the cuticle infections...

I get them really bad, no matter how much I wash my hands and keep anti bacterial creams on them, so I find that if I keep them soft so they don't crack, I don't get as many infections. (I suppose that's pretty obious lol) so I rub a cuticle balm on them a couple times a day and that keeps them from cracking. There is a specific one I use but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to say the name brand on the board, so if anyone's interested, just message me.

Karen

Here I go again, but I just remembered another little ditty I thought I'd share.

For Telangiectasia, I use a vitamin K cream. It seems to have made them look a bit duller and not as bright as they were. I doubt they'll dissapear completely but at least I don't have to wear 10 punds of makeup to hide them like I used to, or waste money on laser treatment only to have the re appear.

Karenlee (and Shelly the cat),

I am interested in your vitamin K cream. Is it a prescription? I have the worst complexion, thanks to sclero.

I have tried many rounds of laser to no avail. I am so sick of wearing makeup but if I don't, I look really really sick!!!

People even ask me if I have measles, etc. Nice, huh? Would you tell me about the cream, and how often you apply?

Thanks,

Jen

Hi Jen,

No, it's not prescription. You can find it in a natural heath/vitamin store. Or, I would suggest maybe buying it online if you can because I found it less expensive online.

Funny you mention the measles because when I first started seeing them on my face my sister thought I was drinking too much and had gin blossoms. :P

Let me know if you are able to find some, it takes a while to work but I do notice a difference.

Karen

Hi Jen,

One more thing I'd like to add to the Telangiectasia, I found that using a green (yes green) tinted cover stick on the spots covers them nicely. There is something about the green tint that offsets the red pigment, just remember to apply coverup/base over it. Lol You can find it in any local drug store in the makeup aisle. They have different pigments for dark circles or blemishes, but make sure you get the green one. Then dot it on the red spots and the Telangiectasia will not show thru the makeup.

Karen

Thanks for all of the tips. I will be sure to try the ones I am not already using (and I am already using quite a few of them). I especially like the vitamin K creme for the telengiatasias (sp) as I have many on my cheeks. The only good thing is when I apply my mineral foundation, I don't need blush as the red from the spots shows thru just enough to make me look like I am blushing. As for the Raynaud's, I too try to keep my kettle on low most of the day and pour myself a mug of hot water and just wrap my hands around the mug. I've even done that in restaurants where I tend to somehow always be seated under the air vents...go figure. Just my added info to this page.

Much love,

Kim

Much love,

Kim

Be yourself...everyone else is taken.

Hi Kim,

I wanted to try mineral makeup but didn't think it would be thick enough to cover the red spots. Now that you say you use it I may give it a try.

Is there a particular brand you find works better than others?

Karen

Hi Karen,

I also use mineral powder make up. I like Physicians Formula, it's talc free mineral loose powder and it covers well.

Diana

Diana,

Thanks for the reccomendation. I'll be sure to try it.

Karen