Sclero Forums
PHYLLIS.G

First time dealing with Scleroderma

Hi Phyllis ,

I just wanted to say 'Hi' and let you know that I am the Mom of a kid (19 years old) with UCTD who has other *issues* too. Anyways, we had a discussion with his child psych today and he reinterated the fact that autoimmune diseases can cause autoimmune depression. The same antibodies that attack the body cause the Serotonin levels in the brain to drop....thus, the depression/anxiety/why-oh-why-me-outlook. If you are really bummed about life and sclero, then see your doctor and maybe meds will help get you over the depressing aspects of living with sclero. This site has been a blessing for so many of us.

Take care, Everyone.

Margaret

Hi Phyllis,

Just wanted to join in and welcome you to the board. We have all had our own trials and tribulations. Freaking out is something I have become an expert in. We probably all have. Only thing you can do is be your own advocate, get medical care from doctors you trust and who listen to you and ask alot of questions. Other than that, do the things you enjoy and are able to do and give yourself a break when you need it. This board is a shining example of those who have lived very long and happy lives notwithstanding this disease. Good luck with everything.

Hi Phyllis,

Welcome to the group. I agree with everyone when they say take it one day at a time. This is a great group and they know how to help through the over-whelming times and positive times. I must say that I found the spoon story very inspiring and the pity party very funny. Sometimes laughter is the only way I get through some things :lol: Smile there's a lot friends here for you to lean on.

Lady Deb

Welcome Phyllis,

You have come to the right place for venting, support, questions, and just plain yammering on. I'm sorry you feel so overwhelmed. We all do at some point.

I lost my hair at 19, so I fully understand the pain of that (especially being a woman, no offense to the males on here) can cause. Watching your body/skin changing is very scary. I felt just as scared as you when I first joined here, but it's the best thing you can do, to surround yourself with people that truly understand and care about you, as we do.

My best 2 peices of advice are: 1. Stay away from the web 2. Find a good doctor that you can feel confident with and cared for.

Karen