Sclero Forums
Sheryl

Triglycerides

Eechh Sheryl, that had to be terrifying!! I'm so glad you are alright now....I wouldn't take another one of those pills either....I agree, it's best to check with your Doctor.

Sending good wishes your way!

Sheryl,

So glad to hear you didn't have another episode. Just keep taking them the way you are and hopefully that was the first and last time that'll happen.

Karen

Having been violently ill with nausea and diarrhea with st atins if I was you I wouldn't take any esp mixed with nexium...both are bad in my opinion....you do need some acid in your stomach...Never ever wait for a dr ...esp on a new pill...it isn't going to kill you to not take it in the meantime....good luck kiddo.....as for me I have damaged muscles and periferal neurapathy from statins......wouldn't take one if the dr tried to shove it down my throat......triglycerides?....cut the sugar out of your diet...and limit all carbohydrates...worked for me...my tri's are normal .....

Sheryl,

Sorry to hear about your issues with the drug. Looking at the drug information for Zocor, it specifically mentions to get emergency help in cases like your symptoms. Also, zocor is known have problems like muscle weakness and numbness. I was taking Zocor about 8 years ago and it was causing problems for me.

Also, I thought medications like Nexium prevents acid production during digestion, but it does not help with existing acid in stomach and normally recommended to take 30 minutes before any meal. Does it also help taking at bed time?

My triglyceride was also out of control, I have been able to keep it well under control by taking Vytorin as well as changing my diet. It is a manageable problem and I am sure you will be able bring it under control soon.

Kind regards,

Kamlesh