Sclero Forums
truman

Update on Skin Graft

As all my friends here on the forum know, I was due for a skin graft on Monday the 5th. My hives are still out of control and after speaking with the Doctor he felt it best we postpone the graft until the hive situation is under control.

Now it looks as if I've developed an infection in my amputated area. Doctor said to start Zyvox again after I confer with the allergist tonight. I hate taking that stuff. It made me so nauseated that I barely ate for weeks and became anemic. I attribute that to taking it for three months straight. I will make the attempt for at least a week; I can put up with that. I'm just extremely leery about taking anything at this point due to these horrendous hives, but I can't let an infection get out of control at this point.

I'll keep you posted after allergist visit tonight.

Tru

It is what it is...........

Hi Tru ,

Did you ever figure out the cause of the hives? Sorry about the foot being infected again. Will keep you in my thoughts.

Take care, Everyone.

Margaret

Yikes! I'm so sorry you're dealing with all of that right now. I hope the medication doesn't make you sick this time around, or at least it's minimal so you can continue with the skin graft.

Linda,

Sorry to hear about the infection on top already having to deal with the hives.

Please do keep us posted. I'll be thinking about you.

Karen

PS: Feel free to email me if you want to talk.

The doctor now has me on Doxepin 10 mg twice a day until I work my way up to 25 mg three times a day for the hives in addition to the Xyzal and Benadryl. He has reconsidered and said I can take my Nexium again which I really, really need. I guess I'm being tested, tho I don't know why. I'm beginning to get very down.

My Birthday is this week as well as Mother's Day and I know it will be another blow for me not hearing from my sons.

Sorry to sound so somber, just feeling sorry for myself.

Tru

It is what it is...........

Oh Tru.....I sure hope you can those nasty hives under control and get that infection cleared up quickly. It will be interesting to see what the allergist tells you. I hope it's good news for getting rid of those hives!!

Sending good wishes your way!

Tru,

So sorry those hives are not going away. That has to be SO aggravating! I am sorry to hear about your toe infection as well. I just finished a round of antibiotics for my toe but it isn't looking so good and it still hurts. Wore a slipper to work today <_< Seeing my doctor again on Friday morning for it. Hope I don't have to go back on the antibiotics either - they made me nauseaus too! I guess I didn't eat enough with them.

Anyway, take care of yourself! I'm thinking of you....and Happy Mother's Day in advance. Try not to get too down.

Take care,

Barefut

Serena Justis

ISN Blogger

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Hi Tru,

First off, don't apologize for feeling down, you have every right to those feelings.

I'm glad they are letting you back on the Nexium. No one should have to suffer with that kind of burning pain on top of what you are dealing with.

You told me your birthday (and in my brain fog I forgot the day), so please let us know the day and we'll have a virtual birthday party!

Is it today?

I really hope you get those hives under control. I'm sending you good healing vibes (((())))))

Karen

Haha I like the way you think Tru :D

I deduct a year for every bad boyfriend I ever had so I think I turned 12 last year :P

So sorry to hear about everything, especially with Mother's Day just around the corner. I personally don't know how you do it - you are my hero and give me inspiration!

Hope the hives get under control and that the new meds work. Still working on IM - think I got it on msn, going to try yahoo next - I'm such a goof when it comes to technology.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox!!! Comin' at ya - gentle and warm of course!

Guest Sadie

Tru, I am so sorry to hear about your toe being infected. I hope it gets better soon!

You are in my thoughts!

Sadie