Snowbird

Telangiectasia (T-spots)

6 posts in this topic

Hi all

Curious, is there any consensus on whether or not the T-spots are a sign of progression in this disease?

Thanks

Sending good wishes your way!

I've had the disease for about 8 years and my t-spots have stayed about the same---maybe a couple of new ones on my face and hands, but no dramatic increase. Have yours increased alot?

Good luck,

One uncool mom

Hi Snowbird - I have had my spots for over 10 years. The ones on my lips occasionally bleed and I need laser treatments, and just recently the one of my finger started to bleed. Go figure. I get new ones every couple of months. I have alot! My symptoms have been slowly progressing. I have no idea if the increase in t-spots are an indication of a progression. My rheumatologist doesn't know. I'm curious as well. -Ann

Thanks everybody...I don't know either.

I am getting more of them on my face lately, I had them on my chest for years (didn't know what they were at the time and never ever thought to ask, didn't know I had this disease then either). They're getting bigger now (some are more like splotches than spots) and a brighter red colour now too. I just wondered if it had to do with the progression. Mine still keep coming and going alot, they might stay for a few days or overnight for the party and then they disappear...I've had a few stay and take up residence. Thanks for asking!

Sending good wishes your way!

I have quite a few myself. I've had Scleroderma 18 years now. I didn't have them till about 4 or 5 years ago.

Sadie