Sclero Forums
ez62

Mouth Changes

I am curious to know what type of mouth changes you have experienced. Is there any of you who have one side affected more than the other, either in feeling (sensations)or appearance? Thanks for your help, Eileen

Thinning lips; unable to open mouth wide; unable to keep mouth shut fully; sleeping with mouth wide open; sometimes inside of cheek hurts where skin rubs against teeth. Worst I think is the thinning lips as I never had super full lips. Regards, Gidget

Exactly! Thinning upper lip. Rhuematologist even mentioned that my upper lip didn't look right. I can still close my mouth, but my lips pull my teeth in. Furrowing around the upper lip is there and I'm only going on 45. I have dry mouth so I don't look forward to the day when my mouth might not close.

Sometimes I seem to talk funny because my upper lip doesn't move like it should. My tongue also seems to have issues when I talk.

Hi Eileen ,

At the onset of Sclero, my son would always grab, slap or push hard on his lower jaw/chin. Due to his autism, I am not sure if it was sensations or pain. He had calcifications inside his mouth on his lower lip. His upper lip is very small but his lower lip is large/fat.

Take care, Everyone.

Margaret