• Announcements

• Joelf

Upgraded Sclero Forums!   05/18/2017

Welcome to the Upgraded and Redesigned Sclero Forums!!   Our Forums are even better and more up to date than before.   Happy Posting to all our Members!!
scleromom

What to expect with a Sero Negative diagnosis

2 posts in this topic

I have been sick for years (13 or more) and all I heard was," Yes you are sick, we don't know what it is;" You have fibro, go see a psych doctor for 2-3 years; "no you don't have fibro, you have Lupus, no you don't have that the test was neg." Finely I begged my new Dr. to figure out what was wrong with me; he did a a bunch of blood work which all came back neg; even the blood work for inflimation. This is kind of crazy because I Have chronic dry eyes and had plugs put in last year because of inflimation.

Anyway, the doctor gave me a sero neg diagnosis and sent me to an ent doctor because I had an abnormal barium swallow, the ent agreed with the diagnosis beause he ran more test and I have some problems with my vocal chords and swallowing. Apparently I have a problem with acid reflux, which I did not know I had. I see a rheumatologist doctor on Fri to confirm all this, what should I expext, what questiins should I ask? My primary doctor also thinks I have sjogrens.

I am glad someone is giving me an answer;but I do not know what to expect; from what I read so far, this disease can be horrid.

Thanks

Bless your heart! At one point I was positive in the bloodwork for Sjogren's. I have never had a positive bloodwork for scleroderma. I did have a high ANA. The doctor that diagnosed me at Johns Hopkins said she didn't care what the bloodwork said and gave me this diagnosis: CREST/ Limited scleroderma, Raynaud's( which is the R of CREST), Sjogren's, Fibromyalgia, severe GERD, and GAVE( lesions that bleed in my stomach spontaneously). She made the diagnosis from symptons and examining my body. I was terrified when I got the diagnosis of scleroderma. After coming to this forum I felt better. Many people on this site have been living quite a long time with this nasty stuff. I hope that you will have a good visit with your rheumatologist. Feel free to email me or private message me if I can help you in anyway.

Take care :)

Nan