Sclero Forums
smac0719

Norvasc Update

Well I've been on the Norvasc a week now and must say I have seen a decrease in my cold sensitivity. I also have not experienced any numbness this week. I was a little nervous about taking it as my blood pressure can run on the low side at times. However, my new Rhuemo said if it decreased it wouldn't decreased more than a few points. So far he was pretty accurate. I've been checking my pressure right before I take it and a couple of hours afterwards. I am experiencing some headaches as a side affect, but I'll take that over the cold and numb fingers. :)

I may have Scleroderma, but Scleroderma doesn't have me!

Yea!! Glad to know it's helping. The increase in my dosage has helped me, too!

Christy

Love makes the world go around!

That is wonderful that Norvasc is working well for you. I bet the humidity in Tampa doesn't help. Even when it is hot here in Arkansas, if it's humid I have to wear knitted house slippers!

Now, if your headache would go away...

Tangelo

Guest Sadie

I am so glad to hear that your new medicine is working well for you!

Keep up the good work!

Sadie

I remember when they diagnosed me with CREST. I said "how could that be; I don't even get Raynauds that often for the last few years?" The doctor smiled and said it was because I had been on Norvasc for the last few years for my blood pressure. I never put the two together. Luckily it works on both levels for me. Right now, I've been switched to a Norvasc with built in diuretic called Exforge for the last year and it works fine as well.

Tru

It is what it is...........

I'm so glad that it's working. I have Raynauds but I have been blessed in that so far I haven't had the terrible degree of difficulty that a lot of people have with it. I have the white fingers and numbness when even my body gets a little cold but it isn't as bad as some. If I ever do now I know what to ask for to get some relief.

Warm hugs,

Peggy

I am so pleased that the Norvasc is working for you, I'm taking Amlodipine but it doesn't seem to help my Raynaud's that much except that it makes me very hot at night which is unpleasant. I have had an Iloprost infusion but that didn't help either & my Raynaud's has continued to worsen this past year. I think I have been lucky not to get ulcers on my fingers but sometimes I have had blisters but managed to get rid of those.

In September my consultant wants to double my dosage of the Amlodipine to try & help with the effects of the Raynaud's but feel doubtful about the side effects.

Jensue,

Amlodipine is what I take. It is the generic form of norvasc. I take 12.5 mg a day.

Christy

Love makes the world go around!