Sclero Forums
ez62

What does your bloodwork show?

I am just curious as to what, if any, abnormalities have shown up in your bloodwork, and what you have been diagnosed with. Thanks! Eileen

Hi Eileen. Before she would approve my request to see a rheumatologist, my primary care doctor sent me for bloodwork, and the results were: positive ANA (with titer >1:2560, Centromere pattern, negative SCL-70). I saw the rheumatologist a couple of weeks later and, based on the bloodwork plus a clinical evaluation, he diagnosed me with limited systemic sclerosis.

I also have other, inconsistent abnormalities including low hemoglobin/hematocrit/etc (due to GAVE), high TSH (possibly due to thyroid issues), low neutrophil/lymphocyte counts (no explanation), high ALT/AST (again, no explanation).

Judith

Hi Eileen ,

For blood work, my son had the + ANA, + Anti-RNA Ploymerase 1/111, high fibrinogen, negative SCL-70 and a high sed rate.

For symptoms, he had the esophageal dismotility, loss of voice, restricted lung disease, chest (sternum/rib cage) pain, esophageal spasms, and major fatigue.

Initailly, the doctors thought sine Scleroderma but he ended up with the diagnosis of UCTD. He has been on Plaquenil for a year now and is doing OK.

Take care, Everyone.

Margaret