Sclero Forums
nan

Nitroglycerin paste

My rheumatologist at Hopkins wants me to try the paste because I can't take Norvasc due to low blood pressure. She didn't tell me how to use it and the instructions with the med are weird. Do I just rub some on the tips of fingers and cover?

Thanks ahead of time for your expertise!

Nan

Hi there~

from what I was told your should be putting it at the base of your fingers....not on the actual sore. You can even rub it in as you would lotion.

Hope this helps!

Take care and stay warm,

Michelle

You can get a real bad headache if you use too much of this stuff!

You can only use a small amount...DO NOT EVER PUT IT ON AN ULCER! I did that once and I wished to die...it burned until I washed it off....You apply it around an area...a very small amount too...NOT DIRECTLY TO AN ULCER.

Catty~

Thanks for your advice. At this point I don't have any ulcers my hands just hurt and have small paper cuts on them off and on. My Raynaud's is really bad.

Have a good day!

Nan

Hi Nan,

I use it all the time. You take about a half inch and apply it to the base of the finger palm side. Then, gently wrap it with a band aid and leave it there as long as you can. I do mine mainly at night, right before bed, so it stays in place. Also if I get a headache, I'm asleep! :) Good luck, and don't stop doing it, the problem will come back.

Peace,

Karen