razz

Time to celebrate

54 posts in this topic

You are so welcomed Peggy! Writing helps me sort my feelings and thoughts. I do hope this information will give doctors and researchers an inside perspective from a patient's point of view. If my experience could help just one person than I have accomplished something good in my lifetime!

Lots of hugs,

Razz

Live well, Laugh often, Love much

WOW! Congratulations...that is SUCH an accomplishment!!! I'm geeked for you, proud of you & I hardly know you!

Well, I JUST got to get on the computer, I haven't had a chance to come to this board in a while & now that I am on I have to go....kids are swarming around me wanting to do something....haha. I am looking forward to buying the book, I saw there are links to it, I just went & looked at it. WOW how exciting!!!!

luvbnmom3,

Have fun with the kids!!! I like your picture. You look like a cool mom.

((Hugs))

Razz

Thanks White Gloves! Your congrats are much appreciated!!

Hugs,

Razz

:)

Razz,

I think what you did is amazing. Where can I get a copy?

Congratulations! Happy celebrating!

Clem

Razz,

Congratulations on completing and publishing your book! I have ordered it and looking forward to reading it. It is so helpful to others to share what you have experienced. Thank you so much for sharing.

Carol lee

Wow! I missed this back in July, but glad it resurfaced. Congratulations on your accomplishments! This is absolutely awesome that you were able to get your story on paper and in print. I will definitely purchase you book and encourage my book club to read it as well.

I may have Scleroderma, but Scleroderma doesn't have me!

Razz,

Just got confirmation that your book was being shipped to me. Am looking forward to reading it as soon as I get it! Then I may just have to get your addy (privately of course) so you can autograph it for me so I can have a signed first edition.

Smurfette

Chocolate, It isn't just for breakfast anymore!

Thank you! You all are so awesome!

I started out writing a journal with my own personal thoughts and feelings and wound up sharing my journey for all to read. I would absolutely sign your book Smurfette and look forward to your impression!

Smac0719, Carol Lee and Clementine, I so appreciate your interest and would also love to hear back with any of your thoughts. This experience is not so much about me as it is a reflection of what we have all felt or experienced at one time.

Shelley Ensz, I am so very honored to have my story mentioned here on a forum I consider a part of my family. I, and many others, seeking comfort and information, found it here in a safe haven where we fully understand what each of us are experiencing. I wish we could meet each other some day. It would be so neat to actually give a real hug to everyone here!!

Bunches of Hugs,

Razz

:)

Razz-

I read your book in one sitting. Could not put it down. It was a great read, and very moving. You had a very interesting life so far! I admire your bravery and tenacity to have the transplant as a single parent. I know that you had to be terrified that if the whole thing did not work your children would be without their mother at such young ages. You really had no choice though and you had such wonderful support. I am in awe of you. You took control of your life and did what you needed to do to ensure that you would have a life with your children, but it was a gamble. You went through so much. I am so glad that you came through so well. Those pictures of your daughters are wonderful. They are beautiful girls. You are very lucky to have one another.

Thank you for having the patience to write it all down. It was well worth reading. I hope that you continue to benefit from the transplant and feel better every day.

Smurfette

Chocolate, It isn't just for breakfast anymore!

Smurfette,

Thank you for letting me know what you thought of my book. You're right I really didn't have a choice when it came down to the wire. To come face to face with decisions I had to make, none of my options were guranteed, was difficult at times. If I didn't take a chance my children would not have me around, and undergoing the treatment could have the same result. It was a gamble that I'm glad I took. I guess that's how life is sometimes.

I appreciate your comments on my daughters. I do see some of my traits in my daughters. (Mostly head-strong and independent) At this point in my life I am content knowing they have the tools to take care of themselves. I can stand back and just be their advisor, if they need it.

As for me, I am a work in progress. Healthwise, I do feel quite normal with the exception of strength and weight. I do have a project in mind right now, hopefully it's not beyond doing. But I do want to do something for our scleroderma(ian) community.

Thanks again Smurfette. Your comments made my day! I hope you have a great day today too!

Hugs,

Razz

Razz,

I ordered the book this afternoon. Can't wait to read it!

I may have Scleroderma, but Scleroderma doesn't have me!

Smac0719

Thank you. I can't wait for you to get it so you can give me your thoughts. So far the feedback has been good!

Razz

Razz,

I read your book yesterday. It was very interesting, I couldn't put it down!

I want to say I enjoyed reading it but at the same time hated to hear all you had to endure...

Thanks so much for telling your story.

Becky

Diagnosed with Diffuse Systemic Scleroderma May 2005

Raynaud's, GI, esophagus, skin and lung involvement.