Sam

I was turned down again

21 posts in this topic

I'm with the others on this too Sam...I hope you find not just another attorney, but a great one!! I wish you good luck, don't give in...just think of them as a slight nuisance for now but keep tackling them head on! I'm sure you'll win in the end!

Sending good wishes your way!

Well I'm thinking that one of my doctors rheumatologist isnt sending stuff in I think I have to check on that, But they feel I am not severe enough to get it. I know my doctor (family said he will help as much as he can.) I am not giving up sometimes I feel like it though. To look at me you would never know. Maybe that is the problem. My lawery isnt slacking off . He is good what he does and he knows the ssd inside and out plus his father was a ssd judge. I just recieved more paper work today to do the reconsideration. I am letting my congress people know and hopefully they can help. I know all the stuff that is ssd approval needs. But if I am not severe enough for them they won't give it to me. So we will see. Thanks for everything . Sam

Sam

Sam I was turned down from March 2004 until January 2006. All of my appeals were turned down until I got the hearing in front of an administrative law judge. IT IS EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that your lawyer is an expert on social security disability. Mine was She was also well learned in medicine. She knew just what the judges needed to see and hear. We met the day before my hearing for her to coach me on how to dress, act, etc. Here in the state of Virginia, if the lawyer wins for you the lawyer gets 25% of your back pay, but there' s a limit of around 5,000 or so, I think. If you have minor children, once you are approved, go IMMEDIATELY to your social security office and get them registered for benefits, they are entitled to . It is to cover their cost of living, and thier needs...like feeding them..clothing them...school supplies...their share of home utility bills, rent/mortgage, etc. They remain eligible until they turn 18 or until they graduate High school. KEEP FIGHTING!!!!!!!!!!

Peace :)

Barbara aka relicmom1

Sam,

You're denial letter will say what the denial was based on. I think the SSDI letter t will say the denial is based on doctor's reports from "Dr. so and so". If your rheumatologist is not the doctor 'causing the denial, then it may be your general practitioner or another doctor. In any event, Sclero is one of the 6 listed diseases for SSDI. As such, your attorney should give you guidance as to what is the problem with your file or it it is just a case of working through the paperwork of denials to get to an administrative hearing. Good Luck. Gidget

Hi Sam,

I looked up disability not too long ago to see if I'd qualify. There was a list of diseases which automatically qualified one for disability payments and scleroderma was one of them. If you have the diagnosis, you should be able to get the help.

I didn't apply because I decided that, with all the trouble so many of you have to go through, it wouldn't be worth it to me because I was about to turn 65 and be eligible for Medicare anyway.

Something is wrong somewhere! Either your doctors or your lawyer is dropping the ball!

Mary in Texas

One thing I had figure out just because it is listed doesn't mean you will recieve it automatically. That is what I thought too but that is not the case. Sam

Sam