• Announcements

• Joelf

Upgraded Sclero Forums!   05/18/2017

Welcome to the Upgraded and Redesigned Sclero Forums!!   Our Forums are even better and more up to date than before.   Happy Posting to all our Members!!
lizzie

How do you keep warm ?

30 posts in this topic

Hi Lizzie, yes my two rabbits are house rabbits. They don't have a cage they have free run of the house. They are litter box trained and they sleep on the end on my bed by my feet, and my kitty comes under the blanket and snuggles on my shoulder.

My doctor recommended a heat band product that is meant to be worn around the wrist. to me yesterday (for relief of Raynaud's):

Has anyone tried it?

Hi celiesblues

Yes, I have tried the heatbands...but I can't wear them because they go around your wrist and my skin is too tender and they annoy me.

Just thought I'd get my late thought in here.... I enjoyed reading all the earlier posts.

My favorites have already been touched on - electric heating blankets in most used rooms, chemical heaters for hands, pockets and toes, and something to warm the wrists.

* I have a series of large heating pads with auto-shutoff by favorite chairs, couch and bed. Also, I found a little plastic device at an assisted living website to attach to the plug which makes it so much easier and less painful to plug the cords in/out.

* Chemical heaters are must for me, even in the summer when I get caught out unexpectedly in the air conditioning.

* I haven't tried the heat bands lately; Rather, I am always putting a cut-off trouser sock on my wrists for warmth, to keep the breeze off, and to hold the chemical warmer when needed.

One last thing, though. I am sure to talk to my doctor when getting cold becomes too bad. He's adjusted my medications for the Raynauds and is watching the anemia closely - which has been contributing to my "chill" lately.

-RTS

Hi Lizzie!

Your post couldn't have come at a better time, with the weather getting cold over here. I have what I call a bean bag. It's about 14in. x 8in. filled with great smelling herbs and beans. I put it in the microwave for 1 1/2 min., not more than 2 min and it comes out really toasty. I put my hands on it or tuck it under my blanket and get cozy on the sofa. I use it for my feet, neck, shoulders, even my head. My sister bought it for me at the mall. It stays toasty for a good half hour but it does the trick!

I have a cat too. Sometimes while I'm lounging, she'll crawl up on my chest, get into a comfortable position and fall asleep. I don't mind cause she's soft and warm. :)

Hugs, Razz

Live well, Laugh often, Love much