Margaret

Karenlee, Tangelo, &Tru

10 posts in this topic

Karenlee, Tangelo & Tru ,

Hey.......I haven't seen you posting lately. Are you gals OK?

Take care, Everyone.

Margaret

Awww thanks for thinking of us. I've been sort of laying low, just doing my thing. I still come on and read up on everyone now and then. Just went thru an information overload and needed to take it down for a bit. Doesn't mean I don't think of you all.

Tru is doing well. I speak to her regularly.

Wishing you all happiness and pain free days. :)

Thank you! I can feel the love. I am doing OK. I read the forums daily. I've have a lot, a lot, a lot going on so I'm not posting much. I'm dealing with AVN (osteonecrosis), elevated liver enyzymes, dental work (now it's even more than just the 3 dental implants), moving (trying to find a house over the Internet) and traveling to see my hubby (that I miss dearly). Poor me...ha ha. Not really, life is good.

Trying to manage scleroderma as the weather changes has been difficult, too. Think I may do the dangerous and get an electric blanket. Getting into a chilly bed at night triggers Raynaud's. Does this happen to anyone else? I don't know though, I worry about fires.

Thank you for asking about us!!! You all are my family. I still care and I still read a lot but everyone else is so good about giving great advice that there's usually nothing else to add.

Thank you!

Clem (Tangelo)

<<Think I may do the dangerous and get an electric blanket. Getting into a chilly bed at night triggers Raynaud's. Does this happen to anyone else? I don't know though, I worry about fires.>>

Hi Tangelo & Karenlee ,

Glad you guys are OK. That AVN doesn't sound like too much fun, though. I get this *noseyness* every so often and need to check up on people!!!

We got Gareth an electric blanket last year. He actually asked for it.....he wanted a 'blanket that got hot' !!! These days, though, they barely get warm (even on the highest setting) and most turn off after 2 hours. I use a long, electric heating pad to warm my bed. Actually, I have two. One at my feet because the old cat sleeps on it, too, and one under my back area. They turn off after 2 hrs, too.

Take care, Everyone.

Margaret

Margaret,

I had an old heating pad from a back injury that I use for my hands when I get into bed. When I bought it for the injury I never imagined it would get so much use Lol I think a heating blanket is a great idea.

How is Gareth doing? The Plaquenil is helping? I so hope he is responding well to it. It's one of those meds that require a lot of patience.

I feel a difference from when I first started (last April) but still not limber enough to paint my own toes yet :P I tried last week and the best I could do were racing stripes down the sides lol

Love,

Karen

<<How is Gareth doing? The Plaquenil is helping? >>

Hi Karenlee ,

Gareth is doing pretty good. He just saw the rheumatologist for his six month appt and she wants a mess of blood work done next month. He had a flu shot and a pneumo shot last week and she wants to see if his immune system is working properly, so I have to wait 4-5 weeks to let it 'kick in'. She is also testing his Vit D levels......something that has been on here lately. She is testing for Lyme disease......I thought that a bit strange, but I guess you don't know till you test for it. She's concerned about his immune system since he has had pneumonia, a perforated ear drum due to infection, cellullitis, and an open wound since July.....all in less than one year. She said a 'normal' 20 years old should not be so sickly.

Do take care and keep in touch. Glad to hear that the Plaquenil is working.

Margaret

Glad to hear you are all doing okay....

Tangelo, I actually have a bed warmer sheet. It goes under the sheet and toasts the bed up nicely....I put it on about an hour or so before I go to bed on high when I want the bed really hot/toasty.....I've been using one for years and would never dream of going without it....never had a problem. They have duel controls for Queen/King size....just in case hubby doesn't want it on. Sometimes I even turn it on medium/low in the middle of the night for a little while (if I wake up because I feel a little chilly) and it puts me right back to sleep. I think everyone should have at least 5 of these!! :) :)

Sending good wishes your way!

I have an electric blanket that I have used all summer. I warm the bed up before I get in and I put it on low all night. I love it. I did have to send it back due to the fact that after a year of using it, it didn't heat up as well. It was guaranteed for 5 years so they fixed it and I got it back and it works great. I also bought a warming throw so when I'm sitting, I can turn it on and throw it over me. I do wake up most nights having a hot flash, but they don't last that long and then I get cold.

Gigi08

Hey Clem

I too get bad Raynaud's from a cold bed the electric blanket is my best friend. I put it on the bed in autumn and it stay there till early summer. Wouldnt survive with out it. I also have an electric throw rug which gets me through the colder days when I need a quick de frost.

Take care

Kindest Regards

Sharon

Diagnosis Scleroderma-crest, Scolliosis, Asthma, ILD, Plueral Fibrosis, GERD, Hiatus hernia, Anticardiolipin positive, ANA positive

a little bent and broken and almost beyond repair!