Guest Jennifer

Pregnancy

21 posts in this topic

Hi Jennifer,

Please keep us posted! My husband and I just had a discussion and have decided to start moving forward with investigating adoption. I too agree that If after another 2 years, my progression is in check and I am feeling good, I really don't want to risk kicking it off again with a pregnancy and sacraficing my health. And like you, I don't want to risk the health of the baby either!

Good Luck!

Heather

Hi Jennifer,

I really should not be posting on this thread but I wanted to tell you that I am in the middle of an adoption. I took in my grand baby when she was 4 months old. My daughter has already terminated her rights to the baby and now I am waiting on dad to go to court for the same to happen. I am 43 and this is the best thing I have ever done in my life! This baby makes me smile everyday. I have bad days yes but just looking at her makes me fight more for my health! I say adopt and me a mommy. I do not know you but from your posts I feel like I do and seems to me you will do great as a mom. If you adopt have you given thought what age you would be looking at? my baby is 2 and she just started going through the not sleeping at night stage again so its like having a new born. up every 2 hours. She gets in my bed and I don't like to have her do that. I guess what I am saying is, I am tired a lot now because of this and I know being tired is harder on me because of the sclero. just something to think of.

Hugs,

Patty

Hugs,

Patty

If Life hands you lemons, make lemonade.

Hashimoto's thyroiditis, Limited scleroderma, Dermatomyositis. Diastolic Dysfunction, dysphagia, Fibro, restless leg. Lupus is a maybe.

Jennifer,

I am all for adoption! My husband and I were unable to get pregnant. I wasn't sick at the time. We adopted my son when he was 26 days old. That was 14 years ago. He is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't ask for a better son.

Good Luck!

Nan

Nan,

Thank you for telling me about your son and the adoption. I love to hear those kinds of stories. If you would not mind sharing, would you private email me and tell me a little more about what it took for you to adopt...and more specifics?

Thanks Nan!!! I am set on being a mom now.

Jennifer

Yay Patty for your adoption. You are soooo lucky. I hope all goes well for you in court and you will be a wonderful mom. I am really excited. Now that I have this idea in my head it won't go away.

Bless you,

Jennifer

I too have lung problems because of scleroderma. I was going to have a baby till I found that out. My doctor said it may make my condition worse after having the baby. So I decided not to and I had an inter-uterine device put in. I just didn't want to make anything worse. After all we need to be here for our children and I didn't want to depend on my family to take care of my child. Even though they would. But good luck to you and I hope all goes well. After all we don't know what is going to happen neither do the doctors, just have faith.