• Announcements

• Joelf

Upgraded Sclero Forums!   05/18/2017

Welcome to the Upgraded and Redesigned Sclero Forums!!   Our Forums are even better and more up to date than before.   Happy Posting to all our Members!!
LisaBulman

What a week!

35 posts in this topic

Had my ct scan and just spoke to my ent. She is just as baffled as I am as to why it keeps coming back. CT scan showed no abnormalities..good... but I still have this thing in my mouth!

I am going back in the office on Thursday for her to cut it out and stitch it open (again) to hopefully get me through the holiday's. She said "I don't think it is going to work because your mouth heals very quickly, but we'll give it a shot before we take you in for surgery." UUGGHHHH She wants to remove the gland so I don't have to deal with this anymore. She said they will cut me under my chin and go in that way... ouch! I'll get more details on Thursday. :(

Hugs,

Lisa

Lisa Bulman

(Retired) ISN/SCTC List Coordinator

(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Assistant Manager

(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide

(Retired) ISN Fundraiser

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Hi Lisa,

Obviously, the problem is that your saliva gland failed to read the textbook on how it is supposed to appear on the CT scan in order to properly display the problem it is having. So, what we should do is educate your saliva gland! Perhaps you could try showing it pictures of proper and improper saliva glands before its next test, so it can get a more accurate reading?

Maybe they will figure out more when they go in to drain it. But yipes, ouch, owie...my thoughts are with you on Thursday.

Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz

Founder and President

Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

Shelley ,

Thanks for the giggles tonight!!! Lisa, sorry it's at your expense!!! I sure hope they can find the problem and get it resolved.

Take care, Everyone.

Margaret

Shelley...too funny and thanks for the laugh!

Jefa.. you are absolutely correct!!!

I am having a cram session right now with my gland instructing it on what to do at the visit on Thursday. Hopefully it is listening...and it doesn't have those "mommy deaf ears" on. You know the one's... the ears that only hear the tv and NOTHING else around it! "Huh, what did you say?"

Hugs,

Lisa

Lisa Bulman

(Retired) ISN Fundraiser

Lisa,

Good luck on Thursday and will keep you in my thoughts. You poor thing. This sclero really baffles everybody and always presents very strange symptoms which end up being very painful but what do they say, it's treatable. Hope it does not come back after Thurday. Take care Lisa.

With gentle thoughts,

Judy

A happy heart is good medicine.

It wasn't so bad. Four more stitches under my tongue. The good news is I think this might actually take care of the issue. She found the end of the duct and cut along the tube of it and stitched it open with4 stitches. She was able to open the duct and hopefully clear it out. Fingers crossed!!! I really don't want surgery.

On another note, I seem to have attracted some kind of bug and I feel miserable! I am going to buckle down for the foot of snow we are going to receive today!

Hugs,

Lisa

Lisa Bulman

(Retired) ISN Fundraiser

Lisa,

That sounds very painful to me. It makes my mouth hurt. Are you able to eat? Hopefully it will heal fast and all will be well.

Gigi

Gigi08

Hi Lisa ,

So glad to hear that the surgery went OK. I take it you were asleep for this or did she just numb the area? We have the sleet, freezing rain, snow combo today. We're not going anywhere, either!!!

Take care, Everyone.

Margaret

Hi,

I feel better but it is difficult to eat. right now it is just soft things...

Margaret, she just numbed the area. I leave immediately after my appointment and by the time I get home, 25 min later, it starts to wear off. I take a pain pill and swish my mouth with liquid viscous lidocaine for relief.

The snow has started....

Hugs,

Lisa

Lisa Bulman

(Retired) ISN Fundraiser