ssakar

Losing Weight

22 posts in this topic

Hi, everyone: New here, still trying to put a name on my diagnosis but we know I have an autimmune disease (ana=320, hardening of tissues under skin of extremities, other areas?). Deep morphea seems the most likely cause but nothing has been ruled in or out yet. I am glad to find this website! I am a single mom and it's a scary road to walk down alone.

Re: weight loss, the weight loss was my clue to seek help. I had started running again over the summer, and around late October I started feeling the hardening under my skin above my right hamstring. I put off the doctor's visit (figured it was a muscle or something) until I started losing weight despite the amount I was eating -- around thanksgiving and holiday, I should have gained weight! I am still losing, even on 10mg/day of predisone. Not complaining, I could stand to lose some, just not this way.

Is weight loss common in the early, inflammatory stages of the various forms of scleroderma? Just curious.

Thanks for listening.

Susan

Hi Susan,

I just wanted to take a minute to welcome you to the forums! I am glad you found us and have joined in by posting. I am just sorry that it is because of your suspected scleroderma. I do hope that the doctor (are you seeing a rheumatologist?) can provide some answers and some relief of your symptoms soon. I am sure you will find everyone here very warm, encouraging and supportive....and more then willing to provide information and advice when we can!

Again, welcome!

Warm wishes,

Heidi

I'm a diffuse one too.I wish I could say I'd lost weight,I did when I was in the stages 0f being diagnosed.Went down to 143 pounds from 187.That was then but now like some of you I weigh more than I ever in my life thought I would ever weigh because I was always so much smaller than this.Pain is also what keeps me from exercising and fatigue too,who wants to exercise when all they want to do is sleep? And thats not always happening,I stay awake many nights including night before last.Pain keeps one from doing what they knw they should be doing,I'm afraid my internist will chew me out when I see him but he can just chew away its not him thats hurting and tired! I really do want to lose it though.I also have no willpower as some do.Keep telling myself I will try again but then here comes the pain and fatigue and I'm back to square one.Anyway maybe some day I will lose it.its good to know I'm not the only one.Smiles and hugs,Mary-La.

Diffuse here 3/2006! I have just recently started to lose lbs but I think its the not eating 1 hour after meds or 2 hours before meds. I guess I am not as interested in eating as much I as used to be, like most everyone else. It hasn't been drastic but people are starting to notice. I am a steady eddy when it comes to my weight. I have shed maybe 2 pounds in the past...and that was from running a marathon!

I've just started to worry a little about it, because people are noticing. I just started buying a yummy probiotic yogurt drink with calories again. I drank it while pregnant and I heard its good for your digestion. Its very tasty.

Heather

Hi Sakar,

I have lost from 152 to 134 lb in a year

Kamlesh

Kind regards,

Kamlesh

I have lost 15 pounds in one year. I am 5'81/2' tall and I went from 130 to 115. I started losing when I had the esophageal yeast infection last January. I don't have much of an appetite, plus the heartburn and the pain of swallowing don't help much. My bloodwork is ok. I went down to 110 in the fall when my dad died. That had me a little scared. I don't won't to go below that.

Nan