Sweet

Miralax

21 posts in this topic

Sweet,

Glad you got results!!!!!!!!!!!!! Isn't it a wonderful feeling?

Nan

Never thought "poo" could create such a lively conversation. Only in Sclerodermia! I too have used Miralax with moderate success. However, I find taking Benefiber twice a day keeps me more regular and it doesn't have a "fast acting" approach. It's tasteless and also comes in a powder form that you can add to any liquid. I've even added it to soup.

Good luck Sweet!

I may have Scleroderma, but Scleroderma doesn't have me!

Just the usual warning for any newbies...scleroderma bowel involvement should always be treated by a physician.

Sometimes more fiber is helpful, but sometimes it can cause a potentially fatal intestinal blockage due to the manner in which scleroderma can slow down the bowels. So, please consult your scleroderma expert or gastroenterologist and then follow their treatment plan.

See our lively page, Scleroderma Bowel Involvement for more information.

Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz

Founder and President

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

Hi Pam!

Your "pooh" post has come at very good time for me!! :lol: I'll put this on my list of questions for the doctor when I have my endoscopy!

Christy

Love makes the world go around!

I have come a bit late to this topic- only just realised that Miralax is the US equivalent of the Movicol that I take. The Movial is supplied in sachets of powder which you mix with 125 mls of water. My gastro tells me to take between 1 and 3 sachets as necessary. I usually take them at intervals during the day. I find that if I am in constipated phase, one sachet really does nothing , I need to take three. Once things are moving again, one is enough.

Lizzie