ozzy69

Telangiectasias

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am still trying to understand all the aspects of Sclero. Does having Telangiectasias only occur with limited Sclero or CREST? Do you get Telangiectasias with diffuse? I have read different things and thought someone would know.

Thanks so much,

Nina Lynn

Hi Nina,

As I understand it, and keep in mind, I'm not a doctor nor even a receptionist at a bandaid factory, telangiectasias can occur with either the limited or diffuse forms of systemic scleroderma (systemic sclerosis).

They can also occur in perfectly healthy people due to things like sun exposure, menopause, and so forth. See Telangiectasias -- which is, oddly enough, one of the most popular pages on our main site.

Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz

Founder and President

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

Shelley ,

Thanks so much for your response. In the last 3 months I started to get them. I have some on my face, chest, and and on the palms of my hands. My doctor is still torn between Limited or Diffuse, so I thought this might be an indicator. I go to her at the end of the month, so I guess I will see what she thinks.

Thanks again,

Nina Lynn

Hey Nina Lynn,

I'm spotty too and I have systemic sclerosis sine scleroderma. I 'm having a sudden surge of the things for some reason - hands, face, neck, chest, and now one foot and both legs. Good thing it isn't measle season or people would be walkin' wide of me!

Warm hugs,

Jeannie McClelland

(Retired) ISN Director of Support Services

(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Manager

(Retired) ISN Blog Manager

(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide

(Retired) ISN Artist

International Scleroderma Network

Hi Jeannie,

Thanks for the information. It seems like everything I read about telangiectasias is about CREST. I guess it is different in everyone. I was diagnosed about 6 months ago with sclero and it seems like things are changing so fast...

Thanks again,

Nina Lynn