Kathy D

Holding my breath

3 posts in this topic

I hope I am not experiencing a placebo effect:), I have only been on it for just under a month now.

I think it is starting to work on my fatigue!

I have debilitating fatigue and have been pretty much useless for months, but now I am getting things done in the morning. I still crash in the early afternoon, but those few hours have allowed me to regain some control of my house and get some work done that requires focused thinking.

I have been able to go to the grocery store and actually buy things instead of barely making back to my car with a few bare essentials.

I actually not only make it through showering lately but also can fix my hair and put on makeup.

Though I have Raynaud's most hours of the day, my fingers are just blue, not the deep purple/black they used to be and my ulcers are finally closed up.

It is really gratifying to see my plants greening up after months of neglect.

I hope I am correct that the plaquenil is making these positive changes, let me know if you think it is wishful thinking.

KD

Diffuse Scleroderma Diagnosed March 2009

That's the way it worked for me! One tip though, holding your breath for long periods of time will cause hypoxia, so breathe, OK?! :lol:

Jeannie McClelland

(Retired) ISN Director of Support Services

(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Manager

(Retired) ISN Blog Manager

(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide

(Retired) ISN Artist

International Scleroderma Network

Hi KD ,

Glad to hear the good news. It took my son a good one month on Plaquenil before his voice came back and he wasn't sleeping all the time. It took about 3 months before he told me his 'esophagus was working'. It is still working after almost 2 years, too!!!

Take care, Everyone.

Margaret