nan

Pain During And After X-rays

6 posts in this topic

Today I went to get my ex-rays. I had to have chest x-rays and elbows, wrists,and hands. If I could produce tears I would have been crying. I have Sjogren's , so no tears. It's almost like they want you to stand on your head when they want the lateral, oblique....... I felt like such a wimp, but it really hurt. The technician was so kind and I didn't whine once for her. I saved it for you guys. The x-rays were at 9:30 this a.m. and I really hurt now.

One more question.... I have a spot on the top of my foot that is hurting. It is red and sorta looks like a sore. Probably scleroderma related? I guess I'll get doctor to look at it. I wanted to wait until all of my tests are done before scheduling a visit with my rheumatologist here again. Take care and thanks so much for reading this.

Happy Weekend!

Nan

Hi nan,

Sorry about your painful day. If it makes you feel any better, and it probably won't :rolleyes: Mine was less than a walk in the park on a warm spring day with an ice cream cone too.

I do get tender spots popping up in the most unlikely places but they aren't really like sores like you describe. Mine are sometimes warm to touch and can be a little red though. Yes, probably a sclero thing...

I know I'm probably no help.

Take care,

B

Take care,

Barefut

Serena Justis

ISN Blogger

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Sweet and barefut,

Thanks to both of you for your replies. It helps to get feedback from scleroderma buddies! This morning I am still a bit sore. I am going to go pool walk and see what happens. It usually helps.

Take care of yourselves,

Nan

hi there as I was reading thro the posts I noticed about u haveing no tears , is this sumthing to do with the crest syndrom, befor I was dignosed last year I was back and forwards to hospitals ( 2 years) and seen so many doctors no one knew what was going on so now im on meds for my eyes as there dry all the time and I never cry , even when im at my wits ends with this condition, my dad died november 06 and at the funeral im sure people thought I had no heart, even tho I was hurting and upset there was no tears , im intrested to know if this is another symthom for this condition(sorry for the spelling I find that its hard for me to remeber how to spell theses days haha thanks for ut time jaxsx

live life for today and not for tomorrow

I have Sjogren's syndrome also which causes dry mouth and eyes. My dad died in October 06 and I was thinking the same thing. People will think I don't care.

I use eyedrops. If you want to email me you can and I will give you name of OTC eyedrops.

Nan