SCLERO.ORG
Sclero Forums

Hi Everyone

I have Diffuse Scleroderma and my hands are very stiff with my fingers curling up. Has anyone had any luck stopping the finger curling? Maybe hand splints? I look forward to any advice.

Helen

Helen,

I also have diffuse and significant curling - unfortunatly all the information that I have received from my OT,PT and rheumatologist is that the hand therapy and splints will slow the envitable and the drugs may relieve some of the skin tightening and underlying fibrosis....

Not a rrosy picture, but I cling to the fact that evryone's body is different and maybe I will gt improvement or hopefully a complete reversal.

Positive thoughts, positive actions and we may be different than the norm!

Lori

Hi Helen,

I'm really sorry that you are having problems with your fingers curling. I don't have first hand experience with this, but thought I would give you a link to review on hand involvement.

I do know there are splints out there that some have tried, so I hope someone chimes in and discusses that with you.

• Joelf locked this topic
  • Joelf unlocked this topic