Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
charliehorse

BEST READS EVER IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD

23 posts in this topic

Hey Janey, all three of Stieg Larsson's books were great, but three will be all there are. :(

When you have finished those, try John Burdett's Bangkok 8 and the sequels: Bangkok Tattoo and Bangkok Haunts. They'll keep you up nights too!

Jeannie McClelland

(Retired) ISN Director of Support Services

(Retired) ISN Sclero Forums Manager

(Retired) ISN Blog Manager

(Retired) ISN Assistant News Guide

(Retired) ISN Artist

International Scleroderma Network

I read a lot and a few of those books I have read and enjoy. The other I will get and share with you, recently I read "The curse of the Blessings" and "White Fire " by Mitchell Chefitz. Both books are great, and the stories burrow into our soul, and stay there.

Hugs,

Patty

I love Jodi Picoult's books. She has several I've read, but the one that comes to mind is "My Sister's Keeper". It was also made into a movie, but I felt the book was way better than the movie.

:happy-day:

Annie

Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, (Scleroderma). Lung, skin and gastrointestinal involvement.

I'm going through the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency series- enjoying every one of them. Reading without fear..................

Hi Enjoy,

I have read three of the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency books so far. I was very surprised how great they were. Since they are so short and easy, and fun, I was always disappointed when the stories ended so soon. I wanted them to go on and on!

Warm Hugs,

Shelley Ensz

Founder and President

International Scleroderma Network (ISN)

Hotline and Donations: 1-800-564-7099

The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org.

Hi Patty,

The book had a different ending than the movie did in "My Sister's Keeper". I won't say anymore in case anybody would like to read and/or watch. Take care :bye:

Annie

Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis, (Scleroderma). Lung, skin and gastrointestinal involvement.

Shelley- I guess that my tolerance for unpleasant or violent books has gone down. Right now I have one book that is non-fiction and I happen to know the history of the story. I read up to the point I knew it was going to be sad and have not been able finish in months.

What we need is a list of uplifting books that can be counted on to make a person feel better.

Surprisingly though, I ordered a DVD called Destinations, which is a Japanese film about death from a funeral perspective- I actually enjoyed it. It was gentle and insightful and not depressing to me. Go figure............