ISN Volunteer Position Description: Email Support Specialist (English)
If you are interested in applying for any volunteer position with the nonprofit International Scleroderma Network, or if you have further questions about any position or possible openings, please email [email protected]
Title: ISN Email Support Specialist (English)
Respond to web site inquiry emails on a daily basis, providing our standard emails as well as trying to answer specific questions for concerned doctors, patients, and family members
Position currently closed
This position is vital for helping to provide quality scleroderma support and information for those affected by scleroderma throughout the worldOur email support specialists reply to all our site inquiry emails in a prompt, thorough and courteous manner
Virtual VolunteerCandidate would work entirely from their own home via computerTherefore they must have their own computer with Internet access
Approximately 10 hours per week on a regular basis, hours and schedule to be determined by volunteer and coordinated with managerPrompt, daily turnaround is vital for this position
Position Reports To
ISN Support Manager (an open position) and to ISN Volunteer Services manager until that position is filled
Candidate must be able to read and write English, with excellent spelling and composition skills.
The International Scleroderma Network (ISN) is an international nonprofit 501(c)(3) agency founded in MinnesotaWe provide healthcare information and support via our 5,000+ page SCLERO.ORG website in 23 languagesWe publish the Voices of Scleroderma book series, and we support international research efforts for scleroderma.
Scleroderma is a rare arthritis/autoimmune disease that is popularly known as the "disease that turns people to stone" because it causes a hardening of the skin, blood vessels and/or internal organs.
- Responds to a wide variety of ISN site inquiry emails on a daily basis, answering all emails according to ISN policies regarding medical accuracy, mainstream medicine, links and attribution of sources, adequate disclaimers, in a thoughtful, supportive and sincere manner
- Initiates the creation or completion of an ISN Email Support Specialist Training Manual and proactively develops it
- Researches medical information on the ISN website to provide members with the most up-to-date support and medically approved information
- Makes recommendations regarding changes or improvements to the ISN Support Manager or other supervisor
- Assists in training other new ISN Email Support Specialists, as requested
- Sends all questionable, troublesome or unusual messages to their supervisor for resolution
- Informs their supervisor in advance when additional coverage is needed for their personal absence (for vacation, sickness, or any other reason)
- Disciplined and committed to timely and thoughtful responses to ISN web site visitors
- Problem-solve sensitive issues and handle them with the highest level of confidentiality
- Provide caring and knowledgeable support to all site visitors
- Must know a great deal about scleroderma and related autoimmune symptoms, and medical/pharmacological terms
- Must have own computer with email and Internet access
Many thanks to our recent donors, Custominkfundraising, Nancy Wyzinski, and Ruben Garcia! See ISN News for more donors. Click Here to Donate.
TOLL FREE HOTLINE, U.S. and Canada: 1-800-564-7099
Ask for our Free Info Packet by email or postal mail!
SCLERO.ORG is the world's leading nonprofit for trustworthy research, support, education and awareness for scleroderma and related illnesses.
We are a service of the nonprofit International Scleroderma Network (ISN), which is a 501(c)(3) U.S.-based public charitable foundation, established in 2002. Meet Our Team, or Volunteer. Donations may also be mailed to:
International Scleroderma Network (ISN)
7455 France Ave So #266
Edina, MN 55435-4702 USA
The most important thing in the world to know about scleroderma is sclero.org!